Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Silicon Mix Review


So, I clarified with my Suave Clarifying Shampoo and DC'd with the Silicon Mix conditioner.
If you don't know about Silicon Mix, it is a Dominican product. For years now, many kinky and curly ladies have been looking towards the Republic to answer their hair troubles. Why? Because black women from the Dominican Republic have hair just has curly and kinky as black women in the U.S., and have found ways to retain length through the use of their products and techniques.
Anyway,  I got my Silicon Mix from my local Beauty Supply Store. I paid $7-8 for the conditioner and $13 for the leave in, which is actually a little expensive. You can buy it cheaper online, but if you factor in shipping and handling, I would've paid that much anyway. If you live in a larger city than Louisville, then you may be able to find it at multiple stores at a more responsible price.


My Thoughts -
The conditioner has the consistency of a thick lotion. The leave-in is like a regular lotion. The smell (at first) smelled like an old school hair grease LOL. But then it reminded me a bit of Philosophy's Amazing Grace, so a bit between grease and light perfume. However it doesn't stink.
Both products left my hair very soft and pretty moisturized. I tried the leave in on dry straightened hair  for a braid out, and I also tried it for my bantu knot. The leave in made my hair pretty shiny, however it is NOT a styling aid.
I will continue using these products in the future seeing as it done a great job moisturizing my hair.
<3

Silicon Mix Leave-In used on flat iron braid-out.

After I rinsed the Silicon Mix conditioner out.

No comments:

Post a Comment