Sunday, June 5, 2011

Post-Graduate Anxiety

Graduating from high school wasn't a big deal to me. I done what I was supposed to do; obtained my diploma without babies and a clean criminal record. I had already been accepted into college and a handful of healthy scholarships to help me along the way. Life was easy back then {insert dramatic sigh here}. But now, I find myself with a degree, a dream, and no idea of what to do. I mean, WTF man?! I am supposed to be sitting in a fancy leather chair, behind a big shiny desk directing people. Isn't that the dream they sell us? Get a degree and we'll supply you with a comfortable life. My friends, I'm here to tell you that's a lie.
I am a graphic designer with no formal experience and a lukewarm portfolio; a recipe for unemployment.
However bleak my disposition may be, I am a firm believer in making a way when there is no way.  So while I may be unemployed now, I know that this will only be temporary. Y'all Pray for me! Ask God to send an opportunity my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment