Sunday, June 26, 2011

My Weave Experience

I decided to get a partial weave for my graduation ceremony. I just didn't have the energy to try and figure out styles that would allow me to fit my cap over my huge puff ball. My color was #33, it was 18 inches, and by Milky Way. Besides the excessive itching (shampooing helped), an occasional sore spot, and having to flat iron my hair to blend it, I really enjoyed my new flowing locks.
A hair weave, rather it be partial or full is a great protective style, and I will definitely consider getting another one in the future. However I would not get another weave with straight hair. I do not enjoy putting a lot of heat on my hair as it has the tendency to straighten my curl pattern. But for those who frequently straighten their natural hair, it is a nice option to explore.



Freshly done! A fellow student was nice enough to do it.
To protect her privacy, I will forward inquires to her.






The results from when I washed, deep conditioned and flat ironed it myself.
The results weren't nearly as nice as when I first had it done lol.
I used Dove Intensive Care Shampoo and Conditioner (really good stuff!)


While on vacationing in Miami, the humidity wrecked havoc on my weave!
This is the result of allowing salt water to dry on my hair while it was in a braid. It was
tangled so bad! My friends were able to untangle half of it with conditioner. I
gave up the battle and just told them to cut it. My fellow hair-fanatic Meghan
gave me a cute little bob (thanks hun!). I braided my real hair to avoid having to straighten it again, and
covered the track with a silk scarf tied in a bow. 



No comments:

Post a Comment